Spider Web Frame

http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/search/label/spooktacular

spooky-spider-frame



Linda
 
 
Hey! Its Linda from Craftaholics Anonymous® and I'm excited to be here today to share a quick and easy Halloween project with you. I don't do the blood and guts kind of Halloween. I usually tend to lean towards the spooky-cute Halloween things! So this fun Spider Web Frame is right up my alley! After seeing Dana's spider frame on Pinterest, I wanted to make my own version. I added some embellishments and a curvy wood frame and I think it turned out so stinkin cute! So here's how I made it:

 
 
Tutorial
 
Supplies:
  • 8x10 wood frame 
  • Green Spray paint
  • Black Spray paint
  • Vaseline
  • sand paper
  • white cord or string
  • plastic spider
  • hot glue gun
  • mini 4x4 wood frame
  • 1" black grograin ribbon

spider-web-frame1
 
First, I spray painted my wood frame with black and allowed to dry. I applied a little vaseline to a few spots on the frame. Then I spray painted the frame with green spray paint. After it dried, I used sandpaper and lightly sanded off the green paint where I had put the vaseline. {you can read more about this distressing technique on my blog here.}

spider-web-frame4

Then I hot glued one end of the cording to the back of the frame and started wrapping the cord around the frame using the curves to help hold in place.
 
spider-web-frame2
 
You can try wrapping the cord around a couple different ways until you find the way you like it. I preferred mine to not have any straight across lines with a more random look. When you get the web the way you like, cut the cording and hot glue it in place on the back of the frame.

When you're finished with the web, hot glue the plastic spider in place, a small plaque or embellishment {I stole the mini 31 frame from this project last year} and then a small black ribbon in the corner for the final touch.

spider-web-frame

Happy Halloween, friends!

Check out these Halloween Crafts on Craftaholics Anonymous®….

halloween guest post
Polka Dot Witch Hat, Witch Broom Party Favors, Halloween Pillows



Please visit Linda on her BLOG | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM







No comments:

Post a Comment