Mummy Lanterns

http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/search/label/spooktacular

Hi eighteen25 readers! It’s Crystal from A Pumpkin & A Princess and I’m thrilled to be part of Spooktacular September again this year. I look forward to this every year and I’m always blown away with all the creative ideas.

Halloween Mummy Lantern
 
Do you have a traditional theme you decorate with every year? Classic black and white is my all-time favorite for Halloween. Last year I had a black and white glam theme that I decorated with and loved it! I tend to stay away from the creepy/gore Halloween decorations and gravitate towards glittery pumpkins. I also enjoy cute, kid-friendly Halloween decorations like the mummy lanterns I’m sharing today. This year I’m lighting up our walkway with cheesecloth mummy vases in various sizes. Just a note: I used a candle for photography purposes only. The flameless tea lights I purchased had a color changing flicker thing going and since these babies won’t be making an appearance at the next big rave anytime soon I stuck with classic white lighting. ;)

mummy vases
 
Supplies:
vase
cheesecloth (I found this stained cheesecloth fabric at Jo-Ann)
moveable eyes
tacky glue or hot glue
 
Step one: cut your cheesecloth into 3-4 inch strips. I ripped mine so that it would fray along the edges.

mummy vase
 
Step two: Use tacky glue (or hot glue for longer lasting) to wrap the cheesecloth along the vase.
 
Step three: glue on the eyes and you’re done!

Halloween Cheesecloth Mummy Vase
 
Here are a few more Halloween ideas you might like:

Halloween Apothecary Jars with Glow in the dark slime recipe


Black and White Halloween Decor


Halloween Party Food - Mummy Cupcakes

Let's be friends! Find me on Pinterest // Instagram // Facebook // Google+


Visit Crystal on her BLOG | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM



No comments:

Post a Comment