Beware Of Cute Monsters Halloween Sign

http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/search/label/spooktacular
 
We are so happy to have Lauren McKinsey here with us today sharing her fun Halloween sign!
 
___________________________________________________
 
 
I am so excited to be sharing with you a fun Halloween project that I have fallen in love with!  This hands on project is one that is sure to become a family favorite and something that you can reuse year after year!  So go grab some lumber, paint, vinyl and the FREE Silhouette files and you will be ready to start!  {exciting news:  my sweet hubby, who is the Silhouette master, has put together a PDF with tips to help you create your sign.}
 
 
Since our move to Asheville we have been busy working on our office space.  We converted the basement to our office which means that we have lots of left over lumber after building work benches and shelves.  I decided to use a piece of lumber that measured 7 inches tall by 32 inches long for my sign.
 
 
I sanded my piece of wood to get it ready for painting.
 
 
I painted my board with Decoart's Americana paint in Ebony Black. One coat was enough to cover the board.  In the second photo you see the outline of the little monster in blue vinyl.
 
 
I have to tell you that this was my first time layering vinyl.  There were a few oops! moments, but in the end it all came together!
 
I did use vinyl transfer paper to put the letters on the board which makes that process so much easier.
  
 
I do love my not so scary monster!
 
 
I hope that you love this sign as much as I do. I can hardly wait to put it on our front porch in the next couple of weeks!  
 
If you don't have a Silhouette machine don't worry.  You can download a PDF of the image, print and cut out the monster and letters and use Modge Podge to adhere it to the wood!
 
Looking for more Halloween inspiration and printables?  You can find them here and here!
 
Wishing you a very happy and not so scary Halloween!
 
 
 
Please visit Lauren on her BLOG | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment