Skeleton Treat Boxes


Hi there! I'm Kelly from Live Laugh Rowe, a creative lifestyle blog that is a celebration of life, creativity and food. I've got crafts, DIY projects, printables, recipes and more -- be sure to swing by sometime. I'd love to have you {wink}.

Sooo, as we all know, the lovely ladies of Eighteen25 are over the top fans of Halloween. Me? Not so much; however, I don't mind joining the fun and coming up with a spooktacular project or two. Today, I thought we might make some super cute Skeleton Treat Boxes.
 

Pretty cute, right? Super Halloween-y if you ask me...
 
Supplies for Skeleton Treat Boxes:
Oval Paper Mache Boxes, various sizes
White Acrylic Paint
Black Acrylic Paint
Pencil
Paint Brushes
Sweet Treats, of course

First things first -- let's paint that cute little box with your white acrylic paint. I applied two coats of paint.
 
 
Now we're ready to start the skeleton face! Start by sketching your face in pencil (see image one). You'll then want to start painting within your sketch. A little bit like painting-by-number, without the numbers {giggle} I started with the eyes (see image two), so by the time I finished the rest of the face (see image three), the eyes would be dry for the white pupils.
 
 
For the final step, I flipped one of the brushes around and used the rounded top to create the pupils on each of the eyes by dotting it in the white paint, then dotting it in place a few times on the skeletons eye (see image four).

All that's left to do is fill that cute box with treats! Pretty spooktacular, right? They would make great favors, gifts for friends, neighbors or co-workers too.
 

Looking for some more Halloween inspiration, take a look at these:


I'm also sharing a Countdown to Halloween printable today at LLR...
There's only a few days left to get yours ready!

Thanks for having me, Jen, Jamie and Jodie!
Happy Halloween, friends. xo




Visit Kelly on her BLOG | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST

No comments:

Post a Comment