Halloween Treat Containers


Hello!! It's great to be back at Eighteen25 for their annual Spooktacular September. I'm not sure how many years I've been doing this fun annual party. But I love it and enjoy seeing everyone's awesome talent! I am Toni from Design Dazzle. Where we share ideas and inspiration for celebrating childhood - kids parties, room decor, crafts, holiday ideas, DIY and more.

halloween-treat-container

Today I'm sharing an INEXPENSIVE Halloween treat container. This DIY project is easy! And look how cute it is? I make these gift containers using Peat Pots which can be found at the hardware store, Wal-Mart, Home Depot or here for rather cheap. These little pots are biodegradable and are made to transplant seedlings. Unlike a clay pot they are lightweight and don't break when you drop them. With our free printable and some Halloween treats to top it off you will have a darling and fun gift to hand out to your neighbors or friends or your child's school teacher.

Friends, these are super simple and super cheap!! I love that!

supplies 2

Supplies:

Peat Pot - 3 or 4" in height ( I used the larger ones at 4" high)
roll of black crepe paper
ribbon
pipe cleaners
craft paint - I used a warm white
foam brush

Tools:

glue gun
scissors

step 1

Steps:

1. Paint the peat pot with a creamy color craft paint. I paint the outside only. Let dry.

2. Using your fingers "pleat or ruffle" the crepe paper and hot glue to the inside of the peat pot. Glue about 1/2 inch below the top rim. Go all the way around the perimeter of the pot. I did a 2nd ruffle to add height.

3. Glue the ribbon around the top of the pot.

4. Use 3 pipe cleaners and "braid" them together. Braiding creates strength and a thicker handle. Wrap the ribbon around the pipe cleaners using hot glue as you go.
vertical

5. Hot glue the pipe cleaner/ribbon handle to the top inside of the pot.

6. Cut out the witches hat or other printable and attach with glue to the front.

candy-wide
 
The white ruffles shown are coffee filters placed inside the pot. They make a good filler to place treats inside.
 
candy-in-container
 
Fill the treat container with your favorite goodies.
 
halloween-witch-printable-sm

Go here to receive the free Witch Hat Printable


Sharing more fabulousness from Design Dazzle: 

Fairy party on a budget
This Fairy Tea Party cost less than $100 to create. Find out how I created this adorable party using lots of dollar store items.
 

neutral fall tablescape
How to create a fall tablescape using neutrals.
 
 
Halloween-Vintage-Tree
I enjoy decorating my Halloween tree each year.
 
Thanks for having me!


Visit Toni on her BLOG | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment