The Best Caramel Recipe

Excited to have Cindy Larkin back sharing another fantastic recipe with us today...
 
_______________________________

This caramel recipe is my absolute favorite, but I cannot take credit for it.  It's been in our family for many years, and today I'm going to share it with you.  Hopefully Aunt Shirlene won't mind.  ;)

I love it because it's so versatile, and you can use this recipe for any caramel need.  I use this for homemade caramel sauce (to go over ice cream or brownies).  I use it for caramel apples, and I also use it when making Aunt Shirlene's famous Caramel Pretzel Rods {GO HERE}.  And although I've never made candy out of this, it's great for that too.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

CARAMEL INGREDIENTS:

1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
8 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1 cup Karo Syrup
1 tsp. vanilla

------------------

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a medium sauce pan mix all ingredients except the vanilla.





2.  Cook on medium heat until it starts to boil.


3.  Once it starts to boil, turn down the heat and simmer until semi-firm ball stage (when a little of the caramel dropped into cold water forms a semi-firm ball); stir in vanilla.


CARAMEL APPLES:









CARAMEL SAUCE: 






  __________________________________________
 
 
Visit Cindy on her Blog : Pinterest : Instagram : Facebook
and check out these other great posts of hers...

No comments:

Post a Comment