Hello Eighteen25 readers. I am Beckie from Infarrantly Creative and I am here today to show you how to make a simple Halloween tabletop decor. Pom Poms are super easy to make – even the kiddos can get involved. I decided to make fluffy candy corn flowers out of them and then stick them into mirrored glass BOO vases. Big impact on a dresser, shelf or end table.
yarn – yellow, white and orange
hut glue gun
Krylon Looking Glass Mirror-Like Spray Paint
Silhouette Cameo and Vinyl or other stickered letters
1. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out B – O – and O out of vinyl. Then I used transfer tape to adhere them to some clean glass jars I had. I used two Jack Daniels bottles and one syrup bottle. No I am not a drinker – check out how I found these jars here.
2. Next I tipped them upside down to spray them. The Looking Glass paint is a little different than other spray paints. You have to give it 5 light coats a minute between each coat to not get drips and have an even covered mirror-like surface.
3. Then I grabbed a stick pin to peel up the vinyl. I went a step further and took the leftover vinyl and stuck it to portions of the glass. That removed the paint in that spot giving it a worn, aged look.
4. Next I moved onto my pom-pom flowers. There are a zillion ways to make pom poms but I opted to use the Clover Extra Large Pom Pom Maker . It gives me perfectly large pom poms everytime. It is easy to use and fairly cheap with a coupon at Joann Fabrics & Crafts. I linked to my Amazon account should you decide to purchase it there.
5. Once the pom poms are made you will need to find some sticks and cut them to size. I happen to have huge pine trees in my yard so I found them in about a minute flat and cut them to size.
6. Using a hot glue gun - squeeze a glob onto the top of the stick. Then stick it in your pom pom and twist it around in one direction. Let it cool.
7. Stick them into your “Boo” vases for a cute centerpiece.
Don’t stop there - pom pom are more than cute flowers. You can add them to a pillow for a fun accent. Check out my post today to see how I did those.
Do you want more Halloween? I have plenty of Halloween ideas on my site…
Here is a fun way to Countdown to Halloween with Hershey Kisses
Thank you Eighteen25 sisters for having me. Have a Spooktacular September preparing for Halloween!