Sweet Succulent Garden

please welcome back...
 


I don't know about you, but I am so completely over winter.

Even though we technically have to wait another 20 something days until spring, bringing a little green into our home always makes me feel better...like spring may actually be around the corner.


Making a succulent garden is easy and low maintenance....perfect for those of us with black thumbs!

And with a little extra dolling up, they also make for charming birthday/housewarming/teacher/you name it gifts.


For this garden, I used a pot I bought at Ikea and three small succulents I bought at Home Depot.  The total cost was less than $15.


For simple decorations, I made a flag from washi tape and a bow from a scrap of aqua fabric.  I attached both to long wooden skewers. {Found in the kitchen gadget aisle at the grocery store.}

I made the birthday flag in my word processing program and then printed it onto kraft cardstock, trimming it into a flag shape and punching holes so I could thread the skewer through it.


I also added the tiny deer for a little extra whimsy.  I bought him at the craft store.

And in case you couldn't already tell...I really love the simplicity of succulents...{I've shared other succulent terrarium projects here and here}...and I really like how this little garden turned out too!

Cheryl
xoxo

___________________________________________



Visit Cheryl on her blog : bloglovin' : facebook : pinterest : instagram : twitter
and check out these other great posts of hers...

DIY Mason Jar Cozy || Dollhouse Pillow || St. Patrick's Day Treat Bags

No comments:

Post a Comment