{martha stewart crafts} cheerful christmas decor

Have you been down the new Martha Stewart Crafts aisle in your Michaels store lately? It's kind of like walking into a candy store, minus the sugar. So many paints, stencils and brushes all wrapped up in beautiful packaging.

I decided this year I wanted to add bits of fun and cheerful colors to my Christmas decorations and I found the perfect colors of paint from the Martha Stewart Crafts line. The best part about the paints I found is the shimmer and shine they have. No dull colors allowed for these projects.

Want to see what I made?

(yes, i have a thing for deer. no real ones for me though

. . . . . . . . .

Here are the supplies you'll need...
  • 4x6 frame (found mine at Forever 21)
  • poster board
  • martha stewart roller tops + foam pouncers
  • martha stewart stencil holiday icons
  • martha stewart stencil arabesque
  • martha stewart paint fruit punch pearl
  • martha stewart paint scottish highlands satin
  • martha stewart paint sterling metallic
  • martha stewart stencil spray adhesive
  • larger deer stencil (cut out of vinyl with the silhouette)
Using a sheet of 8x10 poster board and one of the large Arabesque stencils, I rolled on the Fruit Punch pearl paint. (that pearl paint is GORgeous) 


I then cut a deer out of vinyl. And used the foam pouncers to stencil on the Scottish Highlands satin paint. Once that was dry, I removed the vinyl and it was ready to display!


. . . . . . . .

The smaller frame was almost done the same way. I used some of the Stencil Spray Adhesive to keep my stencil in place and then rolled the Sterling metallic paint over the top of it. 


When that was dry I used those foam pouncers again to stencil on the deer from the Holiday Icons set.


. . . . . . . . .

Check out what some of our favorite bloggers made with the Martha Stewart Crafts...
tatertots and jello... infarrantly creative... the idea room... i{heart}nap time

No comments:

Post a Comment