just off the bookshelf

i love to read.
i'm one of "those" readers though.
you know the kind.
if the book is really good i sit around in my pj's all day reading.
if the book is really, really good. i'm in my pj's and the family fends for themselves come dinner time.
so. i try not to read too much. :)

i've even come up with my own rating system


i just finished reading The Help.

In Jackson, Mississippi, in 1962, there are lines that are not crossed. With the civil rights movement exploding all around them, three women start a movement of their own, forever changing a town and the way women--black and white, mothers and daughters--view one another.

i give this book 4 shiny gold stars!
my only complaint was that i wasn't ready for it to be over. i wanted to know more.
i'll definitely be passing it around to my family and friends.

***************

my favorite books from last year are The Hunger Games trilogy.
did you read them?
what was your favorite book you read last year?

No comments:

Post a Comment