Today's Guest: TidyMom

Happy Halloween everyone!!!! I'm Cheryl, aka TidyMom! When I am not baking, crafting or running around with my camera you can find me over in my little corner of the universe at TidyMom.net
I was beyond thrilled when the Eighteen25 girls asked me to join their Spooktacular series again this year! You might notice, I have a thing for food. Sugary fun food. Last year I shared some spooky spider pancakes, and this year I thought we could dress up a few s'mores!


Every Halloween, for one night, we dress up in costumes to disguise ourselves. I figured why not disguise a favorite treat as well!

I originally fell in love with this idea when Amy made them for 4th of July, I thought they'd make a spooktacular treat for Halloween!

What you're going to need
  • Marshmallows (the flat Jet Puffed Mallows are great for this)
  • Chocolate Bars
  • Graham Crackers
  • Dipping Chocolate
  • popsicle sticks
  • sprinkles

Simply stack 1/2 of a graham cracker with a chocolate bar and marshmallow and top with remaining graham cracker.

Place in the microwave for about 10 seconds (I put 3 on a plate in the microwave) - just long enough to slightly soften chocolate and marshmallow.


Quickly, while still warm, insert popsicle stick into marshmallow.


Place s'mores on wax paper lined sheet and put in freezer for about 30 minutes. This will make every thing nice and firm for dipping.

Melt your dipping chocolate (you can even use chocolate chips), I usually add a little shortening to the chocolate to thin it down a bit. Dip each of your s'mores and shower with sprinkles while still wet. 

Place them to dry on waxed paper.

Enjoy!


These were a big hit at our house, and would be adorable individually wrapped in a clear bag, tied with a Halloween ribbon, for a Halloween party.

Nothing washes down a Halloween s'more better than Goblin's Blood. Simply add a drop of green food coloring to a glass of milk and watch their eyes as you serve it to them!


for more great Halloween ideas be sure to visit me at TidyMom, & follow my every move on twitter & facebook.


. . . . . . . . . . . . .

how fun cheryl!! and what's not to love about a good disguise....especially when you are talking chocolate and marshmallows!! YUM!!
we are big TidyMom fans! head over and become a fan yourself! 
or for a special TidyMom treat check out this recipe for pumpkin butter... fabulous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment