Stuffed Grilled Bananas

I have been a fan of Karly and her blog, Buns In My Oven, for quite some time now. So it's pretty darn exciting to have her here sharing a recipe with us today! 

Do you know what I love the most about Karly?  Well not only does she share a ton of yummy recipes...  but her photography is always just... well... perfect!  I'm pretty sure she could make liver and brussel sprouts look pretty. I hope you'll head over to Buns In My Oven and look around... you are most definitely going to like what you see!!

. . . . . . . . . .



I'm so excited to be guest posting for the fabulous girls at eighteen25 today! As soon as they asked me to share a summer recipe with y'all, I knew just what I was going to share. It's simple, it's quick, it's perfect for a crowd, and best of all? No hot ovens.

I don't know about you guys, but when we entertain in the summer (or even when we are just at home by ourselves) we tend to use the grill. It keeps the house from heating up and, let's face it, anything cooked on the grill is going to be delish! Even better, usually it's the men of the house that do the grilling! Not my house, though. My husband uses his "I'm color-blind" excuse to get out of cooking. He says he can't tell when it's burnt. I'm 98.5% sure that he's lying.


One of my favorite desserts to serve in the summer are these grilled bananas. No mixing bowls, no measuring cups, no hot oven, and best of all, no dirty dishes to wash! I don't know about you, but I kinda hate washing dishes. Like, totally.

Next time you have a get-together, grab a bunch of bananas (one for each person - I promise no one will want to share!), and a couple of different mix-ins. Chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, caramel bits, peanuts, Nutella, whatever sounds good to you and will fit in a banana. Let everyone stuff their own banana and get to grilling! Couldn't be simpler!


Stuffed Grilled Bananas
serves 4
  • 4 ripe bananas
  • toppings of your choice
Slit the bananas in half lengthwise, but be careful not to cut all the way through to the bottom. Spread apart the peel a bit and stuff full of the toppings. Place on a foil lined grill for about 5 minutes, or until the bananas are heated and the toppings are getting melty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment